|Makerbot Replicator+,Makerbot Replicator Z18, Projet 660 and ZCorp z450|
FabLab Office (Room G18)
Submit jobs via FabLab
3D Printing is an additive manufacturing process of making three-dimensional physical objects from digital models. These physical objects are created by adding or laying down and binding successive layers of material. FabLab offers 2 different types of 3D printing, each in a different material. The FabLab has a number of Makerbot Replicator+, Makerbot Replicator Z18, a Projet 660 and a ZCorp Z450.
Makerbot Replicator Z18
|295L x 195W x 165H||300L x 300W x 450H||340L x 210W x 200H||210L x 180W x 200H|
|Colour||White & Black||White & Black||Grey/White or|
|Pricing||$0.15 per gram||$0.15 per gram||$0.60 per cm3||$0.60 per cm3|
- $1.00 per min file fixing (as required)
- $15.00 min fee per job for Powder
- $10.00 min fee per job for PLA
- Refer to the 3D Printer Guidelines.
- Download and use the 3D Printing Template File (Rhino 5) when preparing your file and use the Rhino Custom Display mode to check your file for errors.
- (Recommended) Digital Fabrication Technical Session.
- Submit your file to the FabLab for processing.
- It is strongly recommended that students come in for a 1 on 1 Digital Fabrication Technical Session prior to submitting a job to the FabLab, particularly if they are unfamiliar with the machine.
- Students are encouraged to do a test print early in semester to familiarise themselves with the 3D print process prior to submitting their final file.