Book a space
The Melbourne School of Design building has numerous spaces that are available for bookings by University staff and the public.
- Please read through the information about each space before submitting a booking request.
- Please note that all MSD lecture theatres are booked via Venue Management.
The Dulux Gallery is our largest exhibition space, with a fit-out comparable to commercial art institutions.
- Built-in wall projector attached to MacBook Pro.
- Wireless lapel and hand microphone connected to built in speaker system.
- Wall plate for input to projector.
- Floor boxes throughout for power.
Studio rooms are located on Levels 1, 2 & 3 of the MSD Building and each have a capacity of approximately 18 people.
There are 8 studios on the southern side of the building. These studios are open and flexible, designed to encourage interaction and communication. This style of peer learning complements the formal MSD curriculum and establishes patterns of collaborative work, critical in professional practice.
Level 2 and 3
The studios are functional spaces with concrete and natural finishes, pin-up areas, natural ventilation, and moveable walls. Many of these studios are named after our supporters.
Corridor display spaces
The corridors on levels 1, 2 and 3 feature pin-able walls, which can be used as display and exhibition spaces.
Please note that all MSD lecture theatres are booked via Venue Management.