Australian Collaboratory for Architectural History, Urban and Cultural Heritage
The Australian Collaboratory for Architectural History, Urban and Cultural Heritage (ACAHUCH) provides an international perspective on research and teaching in architectural history and heritage with a particular emphasis on Australia and the Asia-Pacific. It fosters a collaborative approach to the critical study of architectural history, heritage conservation and digital, cultural, landscape and urban heritage and design.
ACAHUCH is a member of the Association of Critical Heritage Studies (ACHS). Visit the ACHS website for further information.
ACAHUCH aims to:
- promote and undertake high-quality, collaborative and interdisciplinary research in the design, application, theory, history, politics and cultural significance of architectural, urban and cultural heritage;
- support teaching and learning programs in heritage and architectural history, including post-graduate training and research higher degrees;
- support the work of emerging scholars, and foster national and international collaborations;
- develop and facilitate professional and community knowledge exchange;
- engage with heritage policy, planning and practice, and with cultural and collecting institutions, government agencies, heritage professionals and others across the sector in Australia and the Asia-Pacific region
Destruction of Memory: The War Against Culture, And The Battle to Save It
Thursday 16 March
Join director Tim Slade for a free and exclusive screening of this major documentary, followed by a Q&A session featuring a panel of experts. Read more and register here...
ACAHUCH supports a wide range of research projects and publications. It also offers extensive teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels including the Master of Urban and Cultural Heritage and PhD supervision.
ACAHUCH fosters important research in architectural, planning, cultural and urban history and heritage conservation. It also contributes to and produces a range of research publications.
ACAHUCH contributes to, organises and hosts a range of public lectures, seminars and conferences showcasing research projects and researchers.