Art, Design & Communication in Higher Education (Journal) Special Issue Call for Papers 'Exploring Situatedness’
The journal Art, Design & Communication in Higher Education has put out a call for a special issue titled 'Exploring Situatedness' with a focus on place-based learning. For the purposes of the call, place-based learning is defined as higher education educational experiences that intentionally integrate local communities and environments as one of the primary resources for learning art, design and communication.
Submissions may focus on (but are not limited to) some of the following:
- Real-world creative learning problems that position students to think through and act on the issue like experts
- 'Situatedness' as a conceptual framework
- Learning embedded within a particular social and physical environment
- ‘Learning in and with the world’
- The roles of artists and artmaking, designers and designing
- Engaging local community members as co-designers of, or mentors for, educational experiences
- Working with/within economically vulnerable and historically impacted communities
- Creative place-making or creative place-keeping
- Issues of access, equity, sustainability or maintenance.
The deadline for manuscripts is Friday 29 December 2023
Thinking of making a submission? Feel free to reach out to BEL+T to discuss your ideas!