ASCILITE: Evolving Education Landscape: Perspectives on the impact of Artificial Intelligence on Education
Over the past few months, there has been a growing discussion about the rising complexity of generative AI software and how it could affect higher education. As these technologies become more advanced, there are both concerns and opportunities arising for teaching, learning, and assessment in this field. It's becoming increasingly evident that the advancements in AI software will present both obstacles and prospects for innovation in higher education.
Turnitin, in partnership with the Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education (ASCILITE), is hosting a joint webinar and panel discussion on the evolving education landscape and the impact of AI on education. Scheduled for March 28th, 2023, at 1 pm AEDT, the event features a lineup of experts in academia, educational technology, learning design, and artificial intelligence.
The webinar will cover the following topics:
- How to ensure that students are learning effectively and meeting learning outcomes
- What the emergence of artificial intelligence means for assessment and academic integrity policies
- How to pivot and stay up-to-date with technology advancements and uphold originality of student work
- How to maintain assessment security and safeguard against cheating
- What educators should do right now to address the rapid uptake of AI writing tools by students
- Tips, tactics and strategies for reimagining teaching and learning methodologies
- What are the implications of reverting back to paper-based, invigilated assessments on the learning experience?
To register, please click here. For more on assessment, review BEL+T's guidance on Assessment and Feedback.