ABP Covid-Safe Teaching
In accordance with the DHS guidelines, the university requires all staff who will be attending campus or undertaking University activities in third-party or public settings (e.g. site visits) to be fully vaccinated (or have a valid medical exemption).
The University's COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements Policy can be accessed via this link. In addition to the University requirements, Victorian Government Pandemic Orders for mandatory vaccination are now in effect for anyone working outside their home, including graduate researchers operating as workers and students on work placement. Under these Orders, the University:
- must collect, record and hold vaccination information about any workers required to perform work outside their place of residence; and
- must not permit a worker who is unvaccinated to work outside their ordinary place of residence unless an exemption applies.
Under these orders, workers (including graduate researchers operating as workers and students on work placement) in the following sectors also need to have their third vaccination dose by the date specified to continue working on site. Dates can be viewed via this link.
Look in the sections below for information and links about Working on Campus in 2022 and Resources and University Support.
Working on Campus in 2022
As a staff member (incl. honoraries, casuals, and academic/non-academic visitors) if you are accessing campus, or working outside your home (e.g. attending a site visit), you need to:
- download your vaccination evidence
- upload your information via ServiceNow form
- carry your vaccination evidence with you when leaving home
The following can be submitted as PDF documents via ServiceNow to demonstrate vaccination status:
- MyGov COVID-19 Digital Certificate
- Immunisation History Statement
- International COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Evidence of medical exemption (as outlined below)
The University recommends you submit your vaccination information 1 week prior to planned attendance to allow time for the validation team to process requests.
If you continue to work from home, please refrain from submitting vaccination information at this time. This will enable an efficient validation process for individuals who require immediate access.
Resources and University Support
The University's comprehensive Educators Guide outlines key considerations and guidelines for teaching staff for the coming semester. A university staff login and password will be required to gain access to these materials.
For more information regarding the University's strategy towards a COVID-19 safe campus please view the following resources:
- Coronavirus update
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) response: information for staff
- Vaccination at the University of Melbourne
- Attending campus
- COVIDSafe plans
Latest updates around the University's response to COVID-19
Information and resources to support staff maintain a healthy and safe presence during the COVID-19 pandemic (requires staff login to access link)
Contains all vaccine-related requirements and guidance at the University of Melbourne
Important information for first staff who are attending the campus for the very first time.
Information regarding COVIDSafe measures in place across the University