Getting Access (Space + Facilities)
Attending Campus in 2022
As part of the University's measures to keep its campus community safe and healthy all students and staff members are reminded to:
- Check the list of on-campus cases and impacts before you leave home
- Do not attend campus if you have symptoms and please get tested
- Follow Department of Health advice regarding self-isolation and testing
- Observe COVIDSafe behaviours, such as physical distancing, carrying and wearing a face mask as required, hand hygiene and covering your cough and sneeze
- Follow public health signage and any directions provided by staff
- Check-in at every building you visit on campus using the QR code displayed or alternative arrangements
- If you or another member of the University community have visited an exposure site, are a contact of someone with COVID-19, or test positive for COVID-19, please follow the University's testing and notification process for COVID-19.
Keys + Building Access
Your University staff card provides access to ABP buildings, including all external doors, staff spaces, classrooms and computer labs. Your staff card is also your on-campus identification. Carry it with you at all times. Do not let anyone else use your staff card.
Further information including details around building opening hours can be found under Building access and information on the ABP Staff Intranet.
LECTERN KEYS open lecterns and computer cabinets across campus. Lectern Keys are requested by the Subject Coordinator/Supervisor for a particular subject code.
You must lock lecterns after every class.
HOTDESK space is available to all Sessional Tutors in Room 344 on Level 3 of the Glyn Davis Building. Desks 344.06 to 344.12 (as highlighted in the floor plan) are available for Sessional Staff hotdesking.
LOCKERS are available to all sessional staff to use for the duration of each semester. Please see the staff intranet for more information.
The Maker Spaces are the fabrication, workshop, printing and loans facilities for the ABP. Staff are welcome to book in for a tour of the Maker Spaces for themselves or their class, and are also encouraged to make use of the facilities for work or personal projects. Staff who wish to use the Maker Spaces must complete a series of short inductions each year – more information about inductions can be found here.
Workshop projects involving students should be organised by subject coordinators in conjunction with Maker Spaces management.
Fab Lab Coordinator: Sean Taaffe
Machine Workshop Coordinator: David Fedyk
NExT Lab Coordinator: Mel Iraheta
Robotics Lab Coordinator: Ryan Pennings
Further details on the Maker Spaces can be viewed on the IT and Maker Spaces page on ABP Teaching Canvas Community site.
The faculty has laptops and other equipment available to loan. Staff can register at our loans desk to view the catalog and reserve equipment.
Further information on the Loans desk, including accessing the Loans Portal and guidance on how to book equipment can be viewed on the Maker Spaces Loans Desk page.
All equipment is managed through the loans desk, located in the print room on Level 1 MSD.
For enquiries contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or come to the print room on Level 1 in MSD
Photocopying + Printing
Your staff card is required to print from any of the staff PRINT rooms in the Glyn Davis building. If you’re having issues please contact Central IT on 834 40888 to get your printer access connected to your staff card.
Whiteboard markers, pens / pencils and other STATIONERY is available from the Stationery Room on level 4 of the building.
Off Campus Activities & Field Trips
If you are planning an off campus activity, makes sure you are aware of what you and your students need to do before you head out there.