Danielle Peck and Samuel Hunter
This studio is available to students enrolled in ABPL90142 Studio C, ABPL90143 Studio D, and ABPL90115 Studio E.
Danielle is founding director of Architecture Associates, an emerging multi-disciplinary practice in Melbourne. Her experience includes a diverse range of project types including educational, cultural and residential work. She enjoys working across all scales and combines her passion for urban design with research projects in her current practice. Over the past 10 years, Danielle has led masters of architecture design studio's, and taught Australian architectural history at both RMIT University and The University of Melbourne.
Sam is a principal of Lyons, a large architecture office in Melbourne that practices nationally. He has undertaken design leadership roles across a wide range of university and community projects. Most recently he has led Lyons’ design team for Melbourne University's New Student Precinct, and the new Springvale Community Centre and Library. Prior to that, he led the design work for the Sustainable Futures Building at the University of Queensland, as well as undertaking similar roles for Lyons’ two major projects at RMIT University – the New Academic Street project and the Swanston Academic Building. Sam has previously led the Lyons design studios at RMIT University, most recently teaching along-side Danielle at The University of Melbourne.
Readings & References
- Ahedo, J M 2015, 'Shipping and Handling', Log 34, pp 143 - 145.
- Barber, D 2014, 'Field Notes on The Future of Food', Log 34, pp 59 - 68.
- Birnbaum, D 2015, 'Rirkrit Tiravanija: Meaning Is Use', Log 34, pp 163 - 170.
- Congolese Plantation Workers Art League & Martens, R & Davies, A & Torolab, 2019, ‘Pork Trotters, Bay Leaves and Chocolate’, Frieze Magazine, No.205, Sept 2019, pp 124 – 162.
- Dali, S 1971, ‘Les Diners de Gala’, Taschen, Germany.
- Hayden, B 2014, 'The Power of Feasts', Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- Kennedy, R 2007, ‘When Meals Played the Muse’, The New York Times, February 21 2007.
- Lim, CJ 2014, 'All in Good Taste', Log 34, pp 45 - 48.
- Martin-McAuliffe S L 2016, Food and Architecture, Bloomsbury, London.
- Metcalfe, R S 2019, 'Food Routes: Growing Bananas in Iceland and Other Tales from the Logistics of Eating', The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA.
- Nan, L 2008, 'The Architectural Dinners of Salvador Dali', The Journal of the Ontario Association of Architects, Ontario.
- Pascoe, B 2014, ‘Dark Emu’, Magabala Books, Broome, Western Australia.
- Picon, A 2015, 'The Brain and The Belly: On the Destiny of Two Urban Metaphors', Log 34, pp 75 - 77.
- Ross, B 2008, 'Sustenance', Perspectives, pp 16 -18.
- TenHoor, M 2016 'Labour in the Logistical Drawing', Log 24, pp 139 - 142.
- Zola N & Gott B, 1992, ‘Koorie Plants Koorie People: Traditional Aboriginal Food, Fibre and Healing Plants of Victoria’, Koorie Heritage Trust, Melbourne, Australia.
Schedule Mondays 17:00-20:00, Fridays 13:00-16:00