The DigitalGLAM symposium will bring together cultural institutions, historians, heritage practitioners, researchers and digital designers to discover new practices in digital media and cultural engagement.
July 14 2016
FREE PUBLIC LECTURE
Re-inventing the Museum
Location: State Library of Victoria, Village Roadshow theatrette
For the Free Public Lecture held at the
Lecture and refreshments are in association with the Victorian Museum Awards, hosted by Museums Australia (Victoria).
July 15 2015
8.30am – 6.00pm
For Symposium registration
The DigitalGLAM symposium will bring together cultural institutions, historians, heritage practitioners, researchers and digital designers to discover new practices in digital media and cultural engagement. The event will include national and international keynote talks, and panels of presentations and discussions around four themes of Touring, Digital Frontiers, Immersive Experience, and Animating Archives. Issues under scrutiny include:
- The projection of collections and artefacts into physical places beyond the traditional institutional reach;
- New intersections between expert knowledge, curatorial practice and citizen-generated content;
- Pathways and approaches to the design and development of new technologies;
- Understanding and evaluating digital impacts and significance;
- Critical reflections on the shaping of new digital identities for GLAM institutions.
Professor Sarah Kenderdine, Professor at UNSW Art & Design
Antony Robbins, Director of Communications at the Museum of London
Breandán Knowlton, Executive Director at Historypin
Participating cultural sector institutions include the State Library of Victoria, Museum Victoria, Zoo Victoria, The Shrine of Remembrance, ACMI, Public Records Office of Victoria, and a number of leading researchers and designers.
The DigitalGLAM symposium is supported by Melbourne Engagement Grants, the University of Melbourne and the Australian Research Council, associated with the Discovery Project ‘Citizen Heritage’.
Visit www.citizenheritage.com for more information and registration details