Call for proposals to MSD 2018 Exhibition Program
Opening our space to Melbourne's vibrant design community
For the first time ever, the Melbourne School of Design is calling for proposals to use the Dulux Gallery space with six-week exhibition slots in our 2018 program on offer. Our program focuses on showcasing industry-leading, dynamic, and thought-provoking projects relevant to the disciplines taught here at our faculty:
- Landscape architecture
- Urban and cultural heritage
- Urban design
- Urban planning
MSD is proud to contribute to Melbourne’s thriving creative culture with public events featuring established and future leaders of the international design community.
Closing date: Sunday 1 October, 2017
About the MSD
Prior to colonisation, the MSD site was a wetland that belonged to the traditional owners, the Wurundjeri people. The Melbourne School of Design acknowledges the traditional owners and pays its respects to Wurundjeri elders past, present and future. The Melbourne School of Design, located at the heart of campus and handed over to the University in October 2014, is designed as a learning building – ‘Built Pedagogy’ – with a focus on design disciplines: architecture, urban planning, landscape, urban design, cultural heritage, construction, and property management. People learn not only within classrooms but also by using the building and observing the ways that others use it. The Dulux Gallery is our largest exhibition space and is named to reflect the support we have received from this key supplier to the building industry. The gallery also often hosts events and can be separated into two display spaces if required.
Dulux Gallery Specs and Floorplan
The Dulux Gallery can be used as both a single space comprising of the North and South wings of the Gallery, or can be separated into two.
|Location||Ground Level G42 Building 133 University of Melbourne, Parkville|
|Opening hours||9am – 5pm|
|Usage||Exhibitions and display space|
|AV||Inbuilt projector and PA system|
|Power||Floor based power|
|Access||Stairwell via ground floor and wheelchair lift access|
|Floor loading||400 kg per sqm max|
|Moveable Walls||Discrete rollable walls with plaster cladding|
|Display Walls||Dedicated hanging surfaces for display|
|Floorplans||Dulux Gallery Plan|
Dulux Gallery Elevation
Who Can Apply?
- The application process is open to the following: UoM Academic, UoM Alumni, UoM Research and UoM Staff, and Industry Partners.
- Our annual expression of interest process offers between 4 – 8 exhibitions per year. A successful application will be granted a 6 week exhibition allocation.
How to Apply
- Applications are assessed against merit, strength and timeliness of exhibition concept and relevance to the MSD community.
- Submit your proposal via the online form.
- Submissions may also be provided in your own format provided they address the same questions and materials.
- All applications will be assessed mid October and notification of outcome will be given by early November.
For any queries please contact the Melbourne School of Design Events & Exhibitions Team at email@example.com or phone +61 3 8344 7552.