PROTOTYPES, SYSTEMS, POTENTIALS: SELF-BUILD HOUSING
Online - YouTube Premiere
Prototypes, Systems, Potentials: Self-Build Housing is a discussion about the potential of design to support self-build housing systems that achieve quality, sustainability, and affordability.
How can designers help tenants to take control of their dwelling space and empower housing communities?
What design systems can improve dwelling comfort, enable spatial customisation, reduce cost, and minimise carbon footprint?
Carles Baiges Camprubí (Lacol), Gilles Retsin(AUAR), Dr Darinka Czischke (TU Delft), and Clayton Prest (Open Systems Lab) will present their work to offer insights into different scales of design and research on the topic.
The event is hosted by the Advanced Digital Design and Fabrication (ADD+F) Research Hub at the Melbourne School of Design of the University of Melbourne.
Date: Friday, 18 March 2022
Time: 18:00 - 19:30 AEDT* Melbourne (UTC +11)
Venue: Online - YouTube Premiere
Event link: Once you have registered for the event, you will be sent the event link 2 days before the event.
* London: Friday, 18 March 2022, 07:00 - 08:30; GMT
* Barcelona: Friday, 18 March 2022, 08:00 - 09:30; CET
* Amsterdam: Friday, 18 March 2022, 08:00 - 09:30; CET
* Singapore: Friday, 18 March 2022, 15:00 - 16:30; SGT
* Dubai: Friday, 18 March 2022, 11:00 - 12:30; GST
* New York: Friday, 18 March 2022, 03:00 - 04:30; EDT
This event is part of Melbourne Design Week 2022, an initiative of the Victorian Government in collaboration with the NGV.