|Epilog Legend 36 EXT and Epilog Fusion M2 40|
FabLab Office (Room G18)
Submit jobs via FabLab
Laser cutters direct a high-powered laser to cut materials. The laser then either melts, burns or vaporizes the material leaving a cut or etched edge. The accuracy of the laser is extremely precise which allows for incredible detail and intricate models. Laser cutters are also capable of burning images into the material, also known as rastering. The FabLab has 3 Epilog Legend 36 EXT laser cutters capable of cutting to dimensions of 910mm x 614mm and 1 Epilog Fusion M2 40 laser cutters capable of cutting to dimensions of 1016 x 711mm.
- $1.00 per min cutting time
- Sheet material of maximum 600 x 900 (mm).
- Students can bring material from other suppliers, but it must be accompanied by a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
- Click here for FabLab material availability and pricing.
- Refer to the Laser Cutter Guidelines.
- Download and use the Laser Cutter Template (Rhino 5).
- Submit your file to the FabLab for processing.
- The MSD laser cutters are the most highly utilised equipment in the FabLab processing over a thousand jobs each semester. Production peaks towards assignment deadlines and as such processing times inevitably increase. Therefore it is recommended to submit jobs well in advance of any deadlines as FabLab can not guarantee a completion date/time.
- Students are free to bring in their own material, but it must be accompanied by a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).