OCE TC4 Scanner
Print & Media Hub (Room 127)
The OCE TC4 large format scanner is used to scan documents ranging between A2 and A0. It has predefined settings used to enhance characteristics of various types of media such as printed media, sketches or plans. Note that these files are not stored locally and therefore can only be accessed on the server. To access this server you will need to log into a MSD computer.
Thin media, such as trace paper, cannot be processed by this scanner and will be damaged. To avoid damage, secure media to a large sheet of plain paper before feeding into scanner.
Health and Safety
The large format scanner may be operated by students but all issues and maintenance with the equipment must only be carried out by trained staff.
- Read guidelines: Before scanning, read the Print & Media Guidelines.
- Place document: Place the original face down and right aligned at 0.00cm on the ruler.
- Scan document: Feed the document through the slot. The scanner will automatically detect the document size and feed in part of the document and clamp it down.
- Check settings: Select a job template with the scroll wheel and scroll wheel button. Modify settings accordingly or select defaults to cancel custom settings. Press the green start key. Your document will be fed through the scanner and at the end will be rolled back out, at this point click the red button for the scanner to release your document.
- File collection: A preview will be displayed on the adjacent computer. You cannot retrieve your files from this computer. Note the name of your file and retrieve from Students (S:) > Scanned Docs > OCE Scanner on any MSD computer.
- Scanned files are not stored locally and therefore can only be accessed on the server. To access this server you will need to log into another MSD computer.
- Thin media, such as trace paper, cannot be processed by this scanner and will be damaged. To avoid damage, secure media to a large sheet of plain paper before feeding into scanner.
- The equipment in the Print & Media Hub is heavily used throughout the semester, particularly around assignment deadlines. Therefore it is recommended to submit jobs well in advance of any deadlines.
- During peak usage it is not uncommon for issues to arise with the equipment in the Print & Media Hub. These may occur late at night or on the weekend when the printroom is unstaffed. The machines will be fixed during the next business day.
- Please see the Fabrication Workshop staff if there are any issues with the equipment in the Print & Media Hub. Please do not attempt to make any adjustments without prior approval.