Up Box 3D Printer
|3D Printing Systems Up BOX|
FabLab Office (Room G18)
Submit Jobs via Fablab
The Up BOX uses a fused deposition modeling (FDM) process to melt and extrude ABS and/or PLA plastic onto additive layers. The ABS/PLA filament is first fed into a heated printer nozzle where it melts into a liquid. Subsequently, the printer nozzle extrude plastic onto the print bed over the areas of the print object. The print bed is then lowered and the process is repeated until the object is fully printed. The Up BOX has a larger print bed than the Up Plus 2 and Up Mini printers.
Video of Operation
Health and Safety
The Up BOX is only operated by trained FabLab technicians.
- Refer to the 3D Printer Guidelines.
- Download and use the 3D Printing Template File (Rhino 5) when preparing your file.
- Use the Rhino Custom Display mode to check your file for errors.
- [ Optional ] Attend a Digital Fabrication Technical Session.
- Submit your file to the FabLab for processing.
- The printer has a much larger print bed than the Up Plus 2 and Up Mini printers.