Innovative online tour opens up MSD building
The Melbourne School of Design launched its new online building tour, Explore MSD, today.
The app provides a compelling virtual experience and in-depth tour of our award-winning building, a living laboratory for architecture, design, construction, sustainability, heritage and urban design.
The MSD building has won 15 awards for its architecture, interior design, use of materials and sustainability credentials – significant recognition to a building that has only been open to students for less than a year.
The building’s advanced intricacies of construction and learning potential make it stand out as unmatched in the higher education built environment.
Explore MSD is part of a contemporary wave of interactive technology, led by the world’s leading art museums, that mine a rich blend of online and real-world interactions to immerse visitors in the world’s centres of knowledge.
The app is a substantial resource of information about the unique MSD building:
- Research centres and people
- Historically significant features
- Sustainability credentials – the building has a 6-Star Green Building rating, with all ten innovation credits awarded
- The construction process, with insights into the decisions that made MSD an innovator in educational pedagogy
- Educational features – unfinished stars, exposed ceilings, transparent walls, variety of window placements and finishes.
Learn more about how the design of the MSD building acts as a learning resource to supplement teaching in each discipline.
The app will be useful to new and current students, particularly those who moved to Melbourne to study at MSD who are now able to show their friends and families back home where they study.
Find out more about the unique and industry-leading features of the Australia’s Number 1 University’s design building.