* COVID-19 Notice: Loans Desk is open for staff and students with on-campus permission.
Please follow all COVID restrictions.
The ABP Loans Desk is a fully equipped media loans facility. We provide students and staff with a wide range of bookable digital media equipment. Our facilities are available to all staff and students of the Faculty of Architecture Building and Planning.
- Find us inside the Print Room, Level 1, Room 127 - Glyn Davis Building (MSD).
- Collection and Return between 10am - 4:30pm Weekdays during Semester
You can browse our equipment catalog, reserve and manage your bookings online through our ABP Loans Portal.
University of Melbourne - ABP Loans Desk
Terms and Conditions:
Made By: The Student specified in item 1 of the Schedule 1 (You Me or I)
In Favour of: The University of Melbourne ABN 84 002 705 224 a body politic and corporate established in 1853 and constituted under the University of Melbourne Act 2009 (Vic) (University)
Background: The University agrees to loan equipment to You on the conditions set out in this deed poll.
1. Defined terms
In this deed poll:
Equipment means the equipment specified in item 3 of Schedule 1;
Purpose means the purpose for which the Equipment may be used as specified in item 4 of Schedule 1; and
Term means the term of the loan specified in item 2 of Schedule 1.
2. General Obligations
- The University through the School/Department specified in item 5 of Schedule 1 agrees to loan the Equipment for the Term to You for the Purpose.
- The University may demand the return of the Equipment for any reason whatsoever at any time, including if:
- You withdraw from Your course of study at the University or Your enrolment details with the University changes in any way;
- the Equipment is used for any purpose in breach of any University statute, regulation, policy or procedure.
2.2 Student's Obligations
I acknowledge receipt of the Equipment and agree:
- That I have inspected the Equipment and consider it to be in good condition;
- That I will treat the Equipment with respect and will return the Equipment borrowed in good condition (fair wear and tear excepted) on or before the end of the Term;
- That the Equipment is loaned solely for the Purpose and may not be used for any other purpose;
- The Equipment may not be used by a third party unless specifically authorised by the University;
- That I understand the method of operation of the Equipment and shall not try to avoid liability for damage on the grounds that I am not familiar with how to operate the Equipment;
- That I will not modify or alter the Equipment in any manner;
- That I am responsible for all transport and any other costs associated with the loan of the Equipment, including consumables;
- That I will make the Equipment available, in a manner as directed by the University and at any time as directed by the University, to a representative of the University, to check the existence and condition of the Equipment; and
- To comply with any demand under clause 2.1(b).
3. Damage, Loss and Liability
- I will immediately advise the University contact specified in item 5 of Schedule 1 as soon as I become aware of any theft or loss of or damage to the Equipment.
- I acknowledge and agree that any repairs or replacement of the Equipment must be organised by the University and that I will not attempt any repair of the Equipment (either myself or through a third party).
- I agree to accept complete responsibility for the Equipment until it is returned to the University and agree to pay for any repairs necessary or the current market value of the Equipment in the event of theft or loss of or damage to the Equipment, whether due to my negligence or not.
- I acknowledge and agree that a failure by Me to comply with the requirements of paragraph (d) of this clause will mean that I have an undischarged financial liability to the University which will entitle the University, among other things, to:
- Prevent my enrolment or re-enrolment;
- Withhold a certificate of academic record;
- Refuse to award the qualification for which I am studying; and.
- Refuse to give Me a certificate or testamur for any qualification which I have been awarded by the University: until such time as that financial liability is discharged.
Training & Access
The Maker Spaces are advanced fabrication and making spaces that require students and staff to undergo training before they can access the services and facilities.
The Loans Desk knowledge base is home to our 'How To' guides, helping to get started with our equipment.
Please read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) to find answers to common issues.
- Find us inside the Print Room, Level 1, Room 127 - Glyn Davis Building (Building 133).
- Collection and Return between 10am - 4:30pm Monday to Friday during semester.
- Staffed from 10am - 5pm Monday to Friday during semester.
- +61 03 8344 6844
- To borrow equipment you need to complete Level 0 & 1 inductions.