Building Access and ID Cards

Access to ABP buildings after hours and student card information.

Access to buildings after hours

Access to ABP buildings is programmed directly to your student card, and it will be active while you are enrolled in a course within ABP.

Bachelor of Design and Melbourne School of Design students will have access to:

  • BN133  MSD Building: 7 am – 11 pm
  • BN113  Baldwin Spencer: 7 am – 11 pm

If there are any issues with your building access, please fill out and submit the Student Card Access Error Webform.

Booking of ABP study spaces

ABP study spaces in the new MSD Building are not bookable. There are a large number of open study spaces available for students to use.

Student ID Cards

Replacement Cards

If your card is:

  • Lost
  • Stolen
  • Damaged
  • Faulty, or
  • If you have changed your name

You will need to get a replacement student card.

If your card is lost or stolen, you must immediately:

  1. Contact the Library to suspend the borrowing access on your card.
  2. Cancel card access to buildings and labs by calling Security on +61 3 8344 4674.

Public Transport Victoria (PTV) Concession Cards


Eligibility criteria is set by Public Transport Victoria. For information please refer to the section on Eligibility Criteria on the Public Transport Victoria website.

How to get a form

You can access your PTV concession card application form, via the Admin tab of your Student Portal.

Before you can access this form, you must:

  • have a current University of Melbourne student card
  • be enrolled for the current semester
  • meet eligibility criteria

Note: The concession forms from the University of Melbourne automatically print with your details and photo from your student card. You do not need to provide your own photo or fill in any details, you can just take the form directly to a premium station. A list of these stations can be found on the Public Transport Victoria website.


If you are having difficulty printing your PTV concession card application form please Contact Stop 1 online, on the phone or in person.

Need enrolment assistance?

Stop 1 provides enrolment and other support to Bachelor of Design, Bachelor of Environments and Melbourne School of Design students.